Explore the dark underground world of a lead miner in Victorian Upper Weardale. From the moment you put on your hard hat, lamps and wellies, your visit becomes an unforgettable adventure.
Experience life above ground working as a washer boy and see what minerals you can find amongst the silt – shiny bits of quartz, fluorspar or galena?
Enjoy all that Killhope has to offer, from breath-taking scenery and lots of wildlife to the gift shop and cosy café offering a wide range of tasty snacks:
- go on our underground mine trip
- visit our fascinating exhibition and new addition the Weardale Tub
- look for lead ore and minerals on our washing floor
- view our minerals and ‘Life of a Miner’ exhibits
- explore our historic buildings and machinery
- enjoy the outdoors amongst stunning scenery
- try bird watching and squirrel spotting
- have fun in our themed play park
- visit the gift shop and relax in our café
- bring a picnic as we are the ideal location with plenty of outdoor seating